Idaho State Police Investigating Massive 10 Car Accident Near Boise
Over the weekend, Idaho State Police responded to an accident involving 10 vehicles south of Boise and west of Mountain Home.
The accident happened Sunday afternoon, October 1st, around 2:12 PM on Interstate 84 in Elmore County. The ISP report states:
A 2015 Volvo semi-tractor pulling a commercial trailer driven by a 36 year old male from Auburn, WA was traveling westbound when it failed to stop in time for slowed traffic approaching a construction zone. This semi truck then struck nine other vehicles on the Interstate.
The following is a list of all involved parties:
- A 2015 Volvo semi-tractor pulling a commercial trailer driven by a 36 year old male from Auburn, WA.
- A 2011 Ford Escape driven by a 62 year old male from Meridian, ID.
- A 2020 Chevrolet Silverado driven by a 40 year old female from Boise, ID.
- A 2020 BMW 740 driven by a 42 year old male from Meridian, ID.
- A 2021 Toyota Highlander driven a 45 year old female from Boise, ID.
- A 2018 Toyota Rav4 driven by a 56 year old male from Washington, DC.
- A 2023 Kia Niro driven by a 56 year old female from Pingree, ID.
- A 2018 Chevrolet Cruze driven by a 55 year old female from Nampa, ID
- A 2006 Ford F150 driven by a 45 year old male from Boise, ID
- A 2022 Freightliner semi-tractor pulling a commercial trailer driven by a 74 year old male from Boise, ID.
The female driver of the Kia and the male driver of the 2022 Freightliner semi were transported via ground ambulance to a local hospital.
It took about 4 and a half hours for crews to clear the scene and assist those in need of help. Idaho State Police will continue to investigate the accident.
The Drunkest Cities in Idaho and Its Surrounding States
Gallery Credit: Michelle Heart
Take These Three Things With You When Leaving Idaho
Gallery Credit: Chris Cruise // Townsquare Media