TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX)-A discarded cigarette caused a balcony fire at a Twin Falls apartment complex Saturday evening.

According to the Twin Falls Fire Department, fire crews were called out at around 9 p.m. to the Saratoga Apartments in northwest Twin Falls after a balcony had a small fire burning after the resident had been able to put most of the fire out using a fire extinguisher. “The occupant had used several fire extinguishers prior to our arrival, which she learned to use at one of our Fire Department community training events,” said Battalion Chief Mitchell Brooks, Twin Falls Fire Department in a prepared statement.

Three fire engines responded to the fire and put out the remaining fire. Only the one apartment out of the eight in the complex were damaged by the fire.

Enter your number to get our mobile branded app