A girl from Mountain Home burned 25 percent of her body after she was caught on fire by a candle. The 8 year old is requesting Christmas cards to decorate her hospital room.

The poor girl has to be in excruciating pain. According to the report from KTVB, the girl's shirt caught on fire and essentially burned into her chest. The girl suffered burns on her chest, back and down part of her leg.

Unfortunately the girl, Aaliyah Shepard will be spending Christmas in the hospital recovering. I can't even imagine what she and her family are going through right now. It is easy to forget about a holiday candle as being a hazard, especially if you don't have toddlers in the house. I feel for the family.

Even if this little girl can't spend her Christmas morning waking up in her own bed and running out to the Christmas tree and seeing what Santa brought her, we can make her feel better, even just slightly.

If you would like to send Aaliyah Shepard a Christmas card to help her through the holidays you can send it to the Salt Lake City burn unit:

Aaliyah Shepard

Room 4414

Fourth Floor Burn Unit

50 N Medical Drive

Salt Lake City, UT 84132

Our thoughts and prayers go out to this family that has a rough road ahead of them. I don't have children so I won't even pretend I know what it is like to protect them. It is an awful thing to have to go through any time, but especially the holidays. Thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Enter your number to get our free mobile app