Residents in Twin Falls have a new tool to help them report crimes to the Twin Falls Police Department.

The new reporting tool was launched recently to make it easier for citizens to file a police report for crimes that happen within the city limits. The Online Citizen Reporting Tool can be used by going directly to the Police to Citizen website or by using the QR code provided.

Twin Falls Online Citizen Reporting Tool

If you are the victim of a crime and need to report it, the Twin Falls Police Department Online Reporting System will help you file your report and follow its progress. The online reporting tool should not be used in emergency situations and does not replace 911 if someone is in danger. The online portal should be used for property theft crimes where the value of stolen or damaged items is less than $1,000. This includes theft from buildings, vehicles, properties, and damaged property. The portal website goes into more detail about each type of small crime that can be reported with examples to help users know if this is the right tool for their needs.

Kool 96.5 logo
Get our free mobile app

When you click the link to file your report, you’ll need to have certain information ready otherwise your report could be rejected. The incident or crime needs to have happened in the City Limits, there are no known suspects, it is not an emergency situation, and you’ll need your email address. Minors can’t submit reports. If someone under the age of 18 wants to submit a report, they’ll need an adult to file for them.

RELATED STORY: New Idaho 511 App

Filing a false claim with the Twin Falls Police is a misdemeanor crime according to Idaho Code 18-5413. Residents can still call 208-735-4357 to get help with filing a police report.

20 Worst Cities In Idaho

According to scientific data and studies, not personal opinions, these are the 20 worst places to call home in Idaho.

25 True Crime Locations: What Do They Look Like Today?

Below, find out where 25 of the most infamous crimes in history took place — and what the locations are used for today. (If they've been left standing.)

More From Kool 96.5