Why The Highway Near Boise Was Blocked For Hours Thursday Morning
Thursday morning, a section of Interstate 84 between Boise and Nampa was blocked for hours due to a multi-vehicle accident.
Accident Near Boise This Morning Involving 7 Vehicles Blocked Highway For Hours
According to the Idaho State Police news release, around 6:45 Thursday morning a chain reaction of accidents occurred. There were 7 vehicles involved in the accident which closed all 4 lanes of travel Eastbound for 2 hours at the section of Interstate 84 at milepost 39, which is the Robinson Road overpass. The right 2 lanes were blocked for an additional hour. Everyone involved in the accident was wearing seatbelts and only 1 person was taken to the hospital.
The 7 vehicles and drivers involved in the accident include:
- A 2020 Peterbilt tractor and trailer driven by a 57-year-old male of Meridian, ID.
- A 2004 Saturn Vue driven by a 47-year-old male of Nampa, ID.
- A 2005 GMC pickup driven by a 62-year-old male of Nampa, ID.
- A 2017 Honda Accord driven by a 36-year-old male of Nampa, ID.
- A 2000 Toyota Echo driven by a 31-year-old male of Nampa, ID.
- A 2013 Infiniti FX37 driven by a 27-year-old male of Nampa, ID.
- A 2016 Chevrolet Silverado driven by a 19-year-old male of Nampa, ID.
The accidents are being investigated by the Idaho State Police. Questions can be sent to the District Office.